Choosing the Right Supplemental Health Insurance
Most healthcare plans help to pay for basic medical needs like annual exams, hospitalizations, and vaccinations. But many plans don’t provide comprehensive coverage.
Supplemental healthcare benefits can provide businesses and individuals with expanded options to ensure comprehensive coverage for:
- Wellness screenings, such as mammograms, cancer screenings, and cardiovascular stress tests
- Out-of-pocket expenses for deductibles, co-pays, coinsurance, and prescriptions
- Unexpected expenses for some medical emergencies and illnesses.
You’ll find details on Telemedicine below. We offer businesses and individuals a variety of telemed plan options, most of which can be used with regular health insurance coverage for additional savings.
Dental and Vision plan options with links to submit an application are below. As always, I’m here to answer any questions.
Supplemental Health Insurance for Businesses
As a benefits concierge to large and mid-sized businesses, I help create supplemental health insurance benefits packages that make recruiting and retaining top talent easy. Fringe benefits like supplemental health insurance can provide your employees and their families with additional coverage and communicate how vital their health and well-being are to your company. Benefits for employees translate into benefits for your business.
Looking for a way to add value to your business by investing in the health of your workforce? Let’s talk today about finding the best voluntary insurance options for your organization.
Individual Supplemental Health Insurance Plans
Some plans offered by employers or through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace lack the full medical coverage that you and your family need. I work every day with individuals to find reliable, affordable access to individual and family health insurance plans that cover:
- Dental and vision
- Life and disability
- Critical illnesses
It has been a true pleasure working with Marilyn. She helped me (and other family members) get setup on the right health insurance plan for our needs. I love how Marilyn has kept in touch to see how I’m doing and she truly wants what’s best for her clients. Her service has been over the top and I don’t know many other professionals who will look into a health plan late at night when taking someone to the Emergency Room!~ Dan Stanza, Owner at Good Earth Outdoor
NEW Telemedicine Plan Options
Millions of Americans are using a telemedicine service to get 24/7 access to licensed doctors for a variety of general-health, dermatological, psychological, and other medical issues. We offer individuals and businesses a variety of telemed plan options, most of which can be used with regular health insurance coverage for additional savings.
Even if you don’t offer your employees health insurance coverage, you can help them maintain optimal health by providing a telemed program for them. By giving them this option, you’re providing them with access to medical, psychological, and other specialized medical care and investing in their well-being. No matter what your recruitment and retention budget, I can help you find a telemed service at a cost you can afford. Time is your most valuable resource for ensuring the health of your business, so don’t wait to contact me for a consultation about which telemed plan is best for your employees and for your bottom line.
Have you ever put off going to the doctor because you haven’t been able to take a day off work? Ever woken up in the middle of the night with a medical concern but haven’t wanted to pay higher co-pays at urgent care or the emergency room? By being enrolled in a telemed program, you can save time and avoid the unexpectedly high co-pays that you’d normally have to pay to see a doctor for an in-person office appointment. In most cases, you can choose the doctor you’d like to see, and depending on the program you’re enrolled in, you might be eligible for savings on prescriptions that can beat your insurance plan’s co-pays.
Most telemed consultations cost $59 or less, and many insurance plans will help you pay some of the cost of a consultation. Not sure of whether telemed can work for you? Here’s what the typical consultation process looks like:
- Log into your telemed service’s app on your smartphone or tablet. If you don’t have the app, you can log in from your computer or call a toll-free number instead.
- Select the doctor you want to speak with. Most services allow you to see each available doctor’s professional credentials, specializations, and reviews from patients like you who’ve used the doctor’s services.
- Describe your medical issue and provide a brief medical history.
- Confirm your insurance information (if applicable) and preferred pharmacy (so that the doctor can send them any prescription orders for you directly).
- Enter your payment information, if your plan isn’t based on a flat monthly fee. Most telemed services take major credit cards and will only charge you after the consultation is complete.
- Wait a few moments while your selected doctor reviews your medical information. The average wait time for a doctor who isn’t currently seeing another patient is fewer than 10 minutes.
- Consult with your doctor, either by video conference or by phone. If needed, the doctor will contact your pharmacy directly at the end of your consultation to order prescriptions for you. (Video conferencing is required for doctors to order most prescriptions.)
In addition to offering you 24/7 access to medical care, some telemed plans also offer apps that let you compare the costs of prescriptions and medical services and help you keep track of your insurance deductibles and other medical expenses.
Contact me today to find out which telemed plans can give you the benefits you need at a cost you can afford.
VSP Vision Care
Your eyes and eye-health come first with Vision Service Plans (VSP). VSP is the only not-for-profit vision care company in the country and is committed to delivering savings on quality eye care.Get Started
Delta Dental Supplemental Insurance
It’s easier than ever to get affordable dental coverage through Delta Dental! Delta Dental offers two types of plans which cover a wide array of services with no exclusions for most preexisting conditions. Preventative care is covered at low or no cost to you! Click the logo or the button below to get started filling out your application!Get Started
Our law firm discovered Marilyn through a networking group several years ago. Since that time, she has helped our firm with all of our insurance needs that we provide to our employees. Marilyn is excellent at keeping in touch and following up with any questions we have had. I would highly recommend her to friends, family and small businesses.~ Laura Webb, Office Manager at Hoffmeister, Doherty & Webb, LLC
If you’re interested in learning more about the added security that supplemental healthcare benefits can provide, contact me for a consultation! I can help you find options from providers such as Colonial Life to meet your insurance coverage needs.